BookMandee India is an Indian startup, dedicated to connect people having old books with those who want to buy their books.
You agree to comply with these terms when you are using this platform. Additionally, any applicable posted guidelines on this platform for the targeted audience may change or be updated from time to time at BookMandee’s sole discretion.
You understand that you are solely responsible for knowing these terms.
If you object to any of these terms or any subsequent changes made to it, or are unhappy using BookMandee or the service it provides in any way, you should discontinue using this platform.
Furthermore, BookMandee may also send you notices of changes to these Terms.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AND CONTENT POLICY
- BookMandee is the advance online platform that acts as a venue to allow our users (who comply with these Terms) to sell, and buy used, old books online using it. For buying and selling old books, you may be involved to conduct payment and other transactions to the other users of this platform. But BookMandee is not in any way involved in such transactions.
Thus, you acknowledge & agree that BookMandee has no control over users meeting with each other in person, and shall have no liability to any connections made this way. You are using this Platform at your own risk.
- You understand that BookMandee does not control, and is not responsible for book ads, user information, user postings, images, photos or any other material made available through the it, and that by using this Platform and its Service, you may find Content that is offensive, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
Furthermore, BookMandee may also send you notices of changes to these Terms.So, by using this platform, you agree that you are responsible to bear all the risk associated with, the use of any Content available on BookMandee, and that under no circumstances will BookMandee be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the browsing, using or reading any Content (book ads and others) available on it.
- Also, you acknowledge and agree that BookMandee cannot and does not completely pre-screen (but only partially) any Content posted on it by users, but that BookMandee has the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept, or delete any Content that is or may be available through it, in case a user is found violating these Terms, or such violation being brought to BookMandee’s knowledge or for any other reason or no reason at all.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the Content (book ads details or your personal information) posted on BookMandee.
Also, related to such Content posted on BookMandee, you affirm and acknowledge that:
- For clarity, you hereby grant to BookMandee a non-cancellable, royalty-free, transferable license to use your content as per its service and business needs. BookMandee can use your Content to promote the Platform, and through any media channels now or hereafter known. These rights are required by BookMandee in order to host and display your Content.
- You also grant each user of the Platform a license to access your Content through the Platform, and the right to contact you as per the Content posted by you through email or phone call. This license granted by you terminates once you or BookMandee remove or delete such Content from the Platform.
- BookMandee expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user Content. BookMandee does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Platform, and BookMandee may, at its sole discretion, remove any infringing Content in accordance with applicable law. BookMandee reserves the right to remove any Content without prior notice. BookMandee may also terminate a user's access to the Platform, if he is found to be a repeat infringer or violate these Terms. Further, at its sole discretion, BookMandee reserves the right to decide whether any Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms.
You agree not to use the copyrighted or patented Content, or that subjected to third party proprietary rights, unless you are given permission from BookMandee official team members. Doing this violates the basic terms of using BookMandee portal.
Similarly, you are not allowed to use personal information about another user without that person's explicit consent.
Additionally, you agree not to make unsolicited contact with anyone for any reasons whatsoever, specifically, contacting any user to "stalk" or otherwise harass anyone.
You agree not to:
- Collect personal information of other users for unlawful purposes.
- Post Content that is outside the local area he lives in, or repeatedly post the same or similar Content, or otherwise impose unreasonable loads on our servers and other infrastructure.
- Post the same old book in multiple categories, or in multiple locations.
- Try gaining unauthorized access to computer systems owned or controlled by BookMandee, or do anything that interferes with the performance of this Platform.
Book Ad Poster
The term "Book Ad Poster" refers to a third-party agent or intermediary who offers to post Content to BookMandee on behalf of others. BookMandee prohibits the use of such posters.
You, as a user understand that when using BookMandee Platform, you will be exposed to Content from a number of users and sources, and that BookMandee is not responsible for its accuracy, usefulness, or IP rights relating to such Content. So, by using this platform, you agree and assume all liability for content you look for and find.
NO SPAM POLICY
You agree that sending unsolicited email to BookMandee email address/addresses are expressly prohibited by these Terms. Any communication between your and any other user of BookMandee, or between you and any official member of BookMandee should only be in accordance with these Terms. Any unauthorized use of BookMandee portal is a violation of these Terms, and offenders will be subjected to applicable criminal laws and penalties.
LIMITATION AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You acknowledge and agree that BookMandee may establish limit use of portal by the users at any time, at its sole discretion, including the maximum number of days that your Content will be maintained or retained on this platform, the maximum number and size of postings, and even the frequency and the manner in which you may access the Platform. You acknowledge that your user account has your mobile number and email address given in it. In the event you are found having more than one account linked through your mobile number or email address, BookMandee reserves the right to remove such duplicate accounts.
You acknowledge and agree that BookMandee reserves the right at any time to modify, limit or discontinue the platform (or any of its part thereof) with or without notice, and that BookMandee shall not be liable to you for any such discontinuance of the Service given by this platform.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly acknowledge and agree that you are using BookMandee platform and its service entirely at your own risk, without any warranties of any kind.
BookMandee is responsible for the collection, use, and retention of personal information as per the related laws.
Type of Information Collected
When you visit the Platform, information about your IP address, operating system, browser type, and Internet service provider can be collected. Similarly, when you register at this Platform, we also collect personal information that you provide such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone/mobile number, home country, zip code, and similar other information.
If you provide your phone number and email address, it will be displayed in your book ads as per the model of the services of this platform. So, you agree to receive communications on the provided phone number and email address from our side, as well as from other users at BookMandee.
By using this Platform, you consent to share your geolocation data in order to publish information/advertisements of advertisements offered by users close to your location, whenever BookMandee will start to offer the advertisement services.
How Your Information is Used
We may use the information you provide to us to:
(ii) provide customer services and
(iii) assist you with technical difficulties, if any.
Also, we may need to share certain information with third- party service providers, such as your browser capabilities or operating system that we have collected, so as to understand your interest well. We may retain such information as per our business objective, even after your account is terminated.
Protecting Your Personal Information
You are a valued user of BookMandee, and protecting your privacy is important to us. Your Registration Information is protected by a unique customer password and user ID you have created. You should not disclose your password to anyone, and you should always remember to log off from your account after using this platform. Lastly, you can utilize the Platform as an anonymous user by not registering, but only searching for book ads or similar other information available on it.
All the security measures have been taken to safeguard your personal information. However, as with most web usage and security, no method is 100% safe.
Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that BookMandee assume no liability regarding the theft, loss or misuse of personal information or Content, including, without limitation, such information that has been provided to third parties or other users.
Rarely, we may be required to disclose your personal information due to legal needs, if any. In such situations, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information so as to comply with our legal obligations.
You agree and acknowledge that we need not to inform you while disclosing your information, whenever needed. If our company gets sold or merged into some other company, the access to your personal information will be transferred to the acquiring company without your consent.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us
These Terms Were Last Updated on July 10, 2018.